Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ratings System

I agonised for quite some time over whether I should use a ratings system for each film that I view. I didn't feel particularly qualified to denote the 'star' value of films, but in the end decided it was important to grade them in some way. So in the end I came up with my own, more personal five-tiered system:

  • Melbourne Bitter Longneck – The King of Beers. A title reserved for what are in my opinion the kings of movies. In a nutshell, this is a movie I think everyone should go out and watch straight away, no excuses (accompanied by a MB longneck of course)
  • Pint of Kilkenny – There is very little better than one of these by the fire in a pub on a freezing Canberra evening. And there is very little better than these films. Denotes an excellent film which comes highly recommended and should be seen by everyone.
  • Stubby of Reschs - A very good film. An enjoyable film which maybe didn't entirely grab me. Reschs never fails to grab me and merely names this rating cause it’s a beer I enjoy a little less than a Pint of Kilkenny.
  • Schooner of Carlton Draught - An average beer but one you will drink if there is nothing else going. Films earning this rating are ones that I am surprised were deemed worthy to be on this list, because in reality they do not stand out in any good way and more importantly are not particularly enjoyable.
  • Schooner of Tooheys New – This movie, like this beer may induce vomiting on impact and should be avoided at all costs. I'm not really sure if any movies will 'earn' this rating, but if they do then you wouldn't wish for your worst enemy to sit through it.

I would expect, seeing as these are supposedly all great or excellent films that I would tend to dish out more high ratings then generally seen. However time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment